View Single Post
3/14/11, 8:41 PM   #8
Re: No Racing at Twin Cities March 19th
MEAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleHead View Post
Well folks there has been some bad flooding in the area this past week. Look at the location on Google Earth.... a creek is beside the place and a decent flood would have it under water. Cut them some slack....
Don,

With all due respect, it would take a TON of rain to have the river come up into the pits and racetrack. It would have to be 30 or more feet above floodstage. The Muscatatuck River runs swift, and does not stay up for long.

I am not the Mason Fleetwood, and I don't know his situation. However, I do not live far from the track, and have not seen much activity that direction (i try to drive by daily on lunch break when its close to a sprint car race). I would attribute this to the equipment setting out all winter, and as I said before a lack of effort. Unless it has rained, the track is rarely tacky. Last year during Sprint Week there had been a ton of rain and it had a curb and was hooked up, but the other shows were dry slick early. I have never seen a bad sprint car race at TCRP, no matter the conditions, EVER. I commend the Fleetwoods for supporting sprint car racing in late model land, but I wish they would have given it a try. The forecast looks way to good for the week ahead.

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint