View Single Post
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #5 1/3/14 7:24 PM
LoanMart Madera Speedway is set to KICK OFF the Western Swing of the KING of the WING SERIES

MADERA, CA. (12.16.13) - The LoanMart Madera Speedway is proud to announce its participation in the brand-new King of the Wing series for 2014, which will challenge the best Sprint Car drivers in the nation in a six race national championship.

Each of the six races in this series is likely to draw teams from across the nation as they compete for a piece of a $25,000 nightly purse. The series will hit Madera Speedway on Friday November 21st, followed by Irwindale Speedway on Saturday November 22nd and Kern County Raceway on November 23rd where the series champion will be crowned. King of the Wing gets underway in late June and early July with dates in Berlin, Michigan, Toledo, Ohio, and Winchester, Indiana on some of the nation's fastest and most prestigious short tracks.

The series events will honor such names at Snider, Vukovich, Vogler, Jones, and Beale.
Series organizer Davey Hamilton tested a Winged Sprint Car on the west coast this past October of this year, recording lap times in the 15 second range and above 120 miles per hour average driving for Western Speed Racing at Kern County Raceway. Shortly after this test talks began among the track operators and Hamilton to bring this series to life.

"This has been a long time in the making as we at Madera have worked hard to keep winged open wheel racing going out West. Davey and I have talked many times about a series and I'm proud to be a part of this Midwest/West Coast Winged Shootout. I'm also proud to be a part of a group of track operators working together to build something strong for our sport" adds Kenny Shepherd.

Tickets for this the first ever KING of the Wing series are set at just $20 for adults, $12 for youth ages 6-12, seniors 65+, and active military. Kids 5 and under are free and reserved seats are available for $25 as well. A family pass of two adults and two children is priced at $52. Pit passes will be priced at $40.
Support divisions and additional information will be released when available.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy