View Single Post
8/5/14, 8:48 PM   #8
Re: Usac: Entries expected to exceed 30-car starting field
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
OK. I will continue to play along. So, the silver crown cars are a regional series not a national series? If it is more than 3 hours from Indy, they can't put on a race?

SC fans cannot have it both ways. I see posts all the time about expanding the schedule and taking the cars to new venues. How majestic the cars are and how we need to get the cars to new fans. However, when a new venue does not work out they claim it is too far away, or people could not get there for a Friday night race.

Belleville is a destination track and that weekend is a dentation weekend. The stands on Saturday night were packed and it looked like a ton of campers had been there for a while. If you can not get the SC cars to work on that track on that weekend, you will never be able to expand the schedule.

BTW I had to make a decision on my travels. I decided that I could afford three nights in a hotel. Night one was spent for the Saturday night of the Midget nationals. Night two and three will be spend at the Knoxville Nationals. Going to the SC races were never even on my radar, even though I was going to be in town the next night.
What does it matter to you? You aren't going anyway. Since you don't care, why ***** about it.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5 members like this post: dickster, dirt330, fish, progressive22, sprntr