View Single Post
10/28/19, 7:51 PM   #12
Re: Big day for Roger Penske (observe the rules of the site.
Joe Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDbill View Post
Roger Penske has ALWAYS been a class act. I was in the shop that he rented in Newtown Square, Pa. in the '60's. It was spotless. I seriously doubt that anyone has ever seen him drunk. Or do anything that could damage the family name. Virtually everything that he has done has been first class or nothing. He developed many businesses over the years, that have provided employment opportunities and careers. 65,000 is probably a conservative estimate. Everybody makes mistakes. The captain made things happen with the right moves, and lazer focus on success 99.9% of the time. People that worked or drove for him and were paying any attention made nice lives for themselves. I LOVE open wheel dirt cars. I suspect that he saw far more opportunity on pavement because it was "cleaner". But have no doubt Mr. Penske is a serious racer and EARNED EVERYTHING that he won. Good for him.
Firing an injured driver in the hospital room where said driver is recovering from injuries is anything but a "class act". The driver broke his contract and should have been punished for it. I won't defend that, however I do strongly believe that could have been handled in a much better and classier way.