View Single Post
8/13/17, 5:32 PM   #11
Re: Silver crown at winchester
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Very enjoyable day at Salem! We arrived early and spent the hottest part of the day enjoying the picnic tables located in the shade under the grandstand. The track food was good and reasonably priced. Saw several familiar faces during the day and made some new acquaintences.
The stock cars provided an entertaining opening to the evening program. The Joe James-Pat O'Connor Memorial started right on time and the very competitive 75 lap feature ended by 8:25PM (Evansville time). Really glad I decided to go to this historic venue. Even though there were only fourteen Silver Crown cars entered, I am not going to complain. The event was very competitive, with plenty of wheel to wheel action. This was only the third time the Silver Crown cars had run at Salem. I missed the first event in 1988, and last year there was heavy rain all around Salem, so I didn't chance the trip. Glad to see a good fan turnout for this event, as I'm sure the promoter lost his shirt on last years event. Looking forward to the 2018 renewal of this event!