View Single Post
12/18/14, 1:32 AM   #39
MEAT

Mark, I was referring to TSR's Outlaw teams. Based upon sponsorship dollars, purse money, the Outlaw platinum agreement, the Outlaw point fund, and other benefits involved with TSR and their Outlaw teams, I would say the 11 and 15 are in a better fiscal position than the 20 USAC team. I don't think the USAC operation was getting near the sponsor dollars that the Outlaw teams were to begin with, in addition to a third of the races for half the money and very little help from the sanctioning body and a point fund that doesn't cover the tire bill.

All these cup guys who own dirt teams; Stewart, Kahne, Dillons, and Bowyer all have a lot of smart people around them managing their money and brokering sponsors. I am sure if they were hemorrhaging money year in and year out the fun would stop. They all have some pretty significant marketing partners involved though that keep those cars running up and down the road in their rolling billboards without too much exposure to the owner.

Now, if you want to talk Outlaw teams in general, I would agree with you. However, Bobby Allen's grandkids busted their ass all year and went to all the shows on I am sure a lot less than a million dollars. I admire what those guys did with a couple cars and motors and a lot of heart. I hope they inspire others to take a chance.
Last edited by MEAT; 12/18/14 at 2:21 AM.

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, RACrappieman, staggerman, suskybass