View Single Post
2/20/18, 5:02 AM   #58
Re: Daytona crowd so small today
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
The flag deal was just one more thing, one last turning of the back on the Gen X fan base and older. It was just another facet to their move to be politically correct and further distance themselves from the fanbase they no longer wish to associate with. I'm a firm believer in dancing with the one that brought you, but Lil France had his eye on another date, a younger date. So he ditched his loyal dance partner to pursue the new, but new wasn't interested. So Lil France tried changing his image, ditched all his old friends and stopped returning family phone calls. He started running with the SJW crowd, glad handing the tree huggers, allowing smart phones and other electronic devices on the cars. Still little Miss Millennial wants nothing to do with Lil France, so he promotes reverse discrimination(Drive 4 Diversity), bring in pretty spokes models to drive cars at high speed and pose in lingerie on the hood of cars, but still no dice. Lil France's old date has had enough by now and left the dance, while Lil France scratches his head on what went wrong and why his old girlfriend won't take his calls anymore... If your not from the south you wouldn't understand the flag deal, you probably just watch the mainstream media or some a$$ backwards show about rednecks and think it's all about racism and hate, it isn't... Heritage means something to some of us down here below the Mason-Dixon, we know the "War of Northern Aggression" wasn't about slavery, even if Oprah says otherwise. Don't judge, people down here have just grown tired of being marginalized and ridiculed by the media and big corporations and so we chose not to be wh0re-mongers to an organization ashamed to associate with us in the daylight. The divorce was one of infidelity, they left us, not the other way around.
Well I didn't want to get into ******** but I have to reply to that. My feelings on the Confederate flag didn't come from "mainstream media" & I have lived in the South. In fact my family moved from NYC to small town Virginia when I was 10, in 1960, Civil War centennial & full scale segregation, which we all thought was horrible & un-American. We had to stand up for Dixie during HS pep rallies, & the schools taught a very pro Confederate version of history, probably the same kind of thing you were taught. I was there for first school integration & it was a positive thing, South was forced to confront racism, which still hasn't happened in the North. As for Civil War... fought for "States Rights"? Right to do what?... own slaves, & the Confederate leaders were very open about that. The "States Rights" line only came up after they lost. If you really love the South (including ALL its people) you should hate the Confederacy because they brought untold suffering to their own people. Civil War killed more Americans than ALL out other wars combined until Gulf War 1. IMHO, Confederate leaders were traitors... Nazi symbols are ILLEGAL in Germany...
As for NASCAR's decline, plenty of people on this board gave their reasons for not liking NASCAR, & you're the only one who brought up Confederate flag issue. Its boring racing...
Can we get back to sprint cars now?

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, Danny Burton, Gregg