Thread: The Rumor Mill
View Single Post
6/23/09, 10:11 AM   #42
Re: The Rumor Mill
n8dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayCowboyFan92 View Post
This may be far out there, but what about trying to make a seperate pavement and dirt series and maybe add the wings on pavement, and try to talk to the AVSS and HOSS groups about trying to make one strong series, and adding race dates. It seems like there would be enough cars to have some decent car counts. I can remember going to Plymouth Speedway and a couple other northern Indiana pavement tracks, and when the winged sprints came in they would pack the place. Seems like a few years ago, like when USAC would run at Winchester and at the Michigan tracks that more of the AVSS guys would take the wings off and run with them. Maybe USAC could reach out to some of these guys and invite them back to their races or something of that sort.

Kalamazoo speedway last saturday evening ... Low car count but excellent racing.. Too bad only 2 michigan drivers showed without their wings.. Wings are ok for me I can go either way . The problem weather its usac or avss/hoss at Kzoo the fan base there would pretty much prefer fenders Us that know winged and non winged pavement sprints love it !... Im more of a pavement fan than a dirt fan especially after doing Millstream sunday evening.. Its just not fun sitting in showers of dirt and not being able to see the track. Eldora can be just as bad.. If you do away with the pavement shows I may have to find something else to occupy my weekends ..