Thread: Tony Sessions
View Single Post
1/13/08, 9:52 AM   #6
Re: Tony Sessions
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony sessions 17 View Post
first off thanks for asking jerry, i am tony sessions who is running the family owned #17 sprint car at gas city and kokomo. i am related to the late sam sessions who raced sprints, midgets, and indy car. my hopes is to get enough sponsor money together for 08 to run all season. i have met alot of super, helpful people in the last couple years and i feel you are all a god send. looking forward to seeing everyone in 08. i would like to ad that sam passed when i was only 5, so i didnt get a chance to meet him, but i have heard alot about him. i can only hope that i could be half the person he was on and off the race track. thanks to all who have given me stories of sam and the kind words you have spoken of him.
Since you were only 5 when Sam passed away, I will over look the fact that you did not realize Sam also drove Supermodifieds. Many mid-westerns would make the long tow to Oswego, N. Y. to race their supers, Sam was joined by Nolan an Gordon Johncock, Wayne Landon, Art Bennett and Johnny Benson Sr. to name just a few.

Patti