View Single Post
1/15/17, 4:31 PM   #8
Re: class versus no class
hairracer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gardner View Post
DD threw, not the dirtiest slider of all time- but also not the cleanest, and knocked Sammy's front end over towards the wall and Sammy stopped and went to the tail. Then a few laps later for the last transfer spot DD shut the door on Sammy on the bottom, and Sammy could have lifted- but chose not to and both tangled and stopped. There was only a lap or two left so they had no shot to rebound.

Two vets racing hard and not giving an inch.
Deal is it's the Chili Bowl and like you say two vet racers not giving an inch. The way I saw it Darland put a Slider, not a very clean one, but Sammy could have rolled out of the throttle and drove under Dave but he didn't and paid for it, example of not giving. Dave chose to protect the bottom for a transfer to the A on the last lap and didn't give, probably not knowing it was Sammy and paid the price. As a racer I truly don't know what I would have done being in those positions because on the track you have such a short time to make these decisions and sometimes after seeing it or having more time to think you would have probably done things different. It is the nature of our sport and why the fans come to watch, hard competitive racing with personalities that make it exciting.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, oppweld, Simon_says17