View Single Post
ISF (Offline)
  #22 5/20/15 4:27 PM
Since 2013 our 500 seats have increased SEVENTY dollars per ticket.

That figures out to just shy of a 47% increase per ticket in just THREE YEARS.

I know, I know, there is no one holding a razor to my throat to buy the dammed tickets, and we probably won't continue to. But, when you get beyond all the conjured up rhetoric about the tradition, history and ambiance you're still just watching a bunch of spec race cars driven by mostly foreigners who we don't care a thing about the other 11 months of the year at a track where even if you're setting in the very best seats in the place you can see less than half the track. However, I've been told by a Speedway representative that I can bring a cooler to my seat and most other sports venues don't allow that. I have only one thing to say to that............. BIG F'N DEAL!!

And given all that, some would call a 47% increase in just 3 years A BARGAIN!! If that's the case I'd sure like to know what ya'll consider gouging.

Sorry for the rant, guys.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.