View Single Post
9/2/21, 8:44 AM   #6
Re: Mike’s Elephant
Eric Smith

We know the tracks are getting paid by Flo to stream their races. We don't know how much. It's doubtful it is equal to a ticket price for each person watching. So could you claim that is lost income? Sure you could. But how many people (that paid Flo, that Flo is paying the track) watching on Flo would be there if it weren't for Flo? in the big picture, I'd say very few. People watch online all over the world. Realistically, most ordinary fans aren't traveling real far to go to a race. Die hards don't count. I've watched races all over the US and even other continents on Flo. So me paying Flo to pay the track so I could watch has actually increased the track's income. Without Flo, the track with get nothing from me. So far, I've missed exactly zero races in person that were close enough and practical for me to attend. Furthermore, I've now seen tracks that I never would have seen before, and as a result, planning vacations to see races at some of these tracks. I'd also say in the end, that will increase the track's income. One good litmus test of is Flo beneficial, is this year's Front Row Challenge. Terry always said no way would he ever allow streaming of his event because it would hurt ticket sales. Until this year.... Must not be all bad.

And I've known Mike a few years. He's not really an elephant.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, chrismattlin, Stevensville Mike