View Single Post
6/16/12, 12:16 PM   #10
Re: Speedworld in Wittman, Az. ordered to close do
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
Is this in reference to Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his deputies supporting the track.

It has nothing to do with Sheriff Joe and his deputies that I am aware of. An everything to do with the fact that any one of our favorite home tracks can be gone at any time for any # of reasons.

An while I have admitted I have never attended a USAC Lucas Oil Off Road race at Speedworld, loosing this or any other racing facility not only effects the track owner/promoter, it effects the sanctioning body, the racers and fans, as well as the local community and there economy. In this particular case USAC looses one more Phoenix area venue to compete at and while I know most of us on this board have no interest in the off-road truck series when a venue like this is lost it causes a rippling effect.

I have stated on here before I have considered Oswego Speedway and Manzy to be my two home tracks, lost one and nearly lost the other, luckily the Torrese family stepped up to buy and save Oswego Speedway. An I personally thank Eric and John every chance I get. That included last Saturday night when any other track owner probably would have cancealed earlier in the day due to rain. They got the clearing they needed, ran the show and as I ran into John Torrese as I was walking out of the pits it was pouring. You bet I thanked John for getting that show in.gh

An I am hoping Mr. Matthews and Maricopa County works out a way to keep Speedworld open even though it is not the type of racing I enjoy.

Patti
Last edited by IndyBound; 6/16/12 at 12:21 PM.

2 members like this post: DAD, PJ Wright