View Single Post
12/12/19, 11:53 PM   #13
Re: Usac: 2020 usac national sprint schedule released
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
I agree, all the tracks in IL and Ohio and hardly any on schedule
Ohio was tried for a number of years with the Buckeye Nationals. It was 4 nites a few years then tailed off. It was a good deal but obviously not supported. I live near the Pa/NJ border so obviously I support all Eastern Storm events and my experience tells me that these races are well supported every year. Hopefully Usac doesn’t tell Williams Grove to make the track rock hard again this year so we can see dirt cars sliding the turns not crawling around the bottom like asphalt. The Storm is a great week and I’d think they will continue it for years to come. Aside from Granite City and Farmer City my Illinois experience is limited, but both were rock hard and tire eaters when I went. So glad Pevely is on the schedule. That was one of the best races of 2018. The 15 hr drive was totally worth it. Hoping Jackson turns out well for them. Still don’t understand a Sprintweek with a 2 day break. So many tracks to race at for 9 nites with no break. It’s done elsewhere so it’s totally possible. 46 races is a healthy schedule hopefully there is a healthy group to follow the tour.

I agree with another poster that when you go to late model country you won’t be able to sell push starts very well. It’s hard enough to sell non wing in most sprint car areas. Feb is two months away and it starts again. Can’t wait.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner