View Single Post
3/26/15, 1:14 PM   #52
Re: Price of mini sprints
Team96

We ran top 5 to 10 at Waynesfield in mini-sprints. We had a stock motor with Guhl injection. Traded it to a guy who won the last race of the season with it and there's no way he would have had the time to get the motor reworked.

We could have had our motor "built" into a "cheater" by the same guy who kept our motor fresh as he is and has done a very good job of that...for other racers. But we wanted to be able to run anywhere a 1000cc could run.

There are plenty of racers who will always believe they are getting beat by "cheater" motors. Sometimes its true and sometimes its not. Either way so long as the rules are clear and the contestants stay within the rules.....its an equal and fair race. JMHO. Having been a part of racing from go-kart to now sprints I know there is a lot more to winning or placing well than the motor. It somehow seems to always draw the most attention though....

Last year Waynesfield was a different track in my opinion than some years prior and was harder to get a handle on from practice to the feature. I almost always blamed my setup or mechanical issues on placing poorly. I know there were a couple of guys who did have some hot motors....but if you noticed...they did not always win.