View Single Post
2/25/20, 9:22 PM   #30
Re: Affordable Pavement Midget Rules
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray3 View Post
First the Illini Series is getting 6 cars on their best day. Second, the Illini Series has always wanted to have a different rule book for each competitor. Once you go faster than their favorite car they go out of their way to write a new rule (weight, restrictors, offsets, etc etc) intended entirely to penalize a guy for winning. And they do it race to race. That's not racing in my opinion. If you want to beat a guy beat him on the track not with the rule book. If you want to change rules do it during the offseason and apply them equally to everyone.
Not true about the car count. I know multiple races last year had car counts higher than that.

...and I'd love to have found ANY race series where rules never changed, everyone was treated the same all the time, certain people didn't get to bring up ideas in meetings but others were scoffed at, when someone brings something outside the rule book they don't get to keep running it just because they have it...and on and on...everything you listed is like an industry standard across all racing...how many times did NASCAR "back in the day" make spoiler, etc adjustments (DURING THE SEASON) as certain manufacturers had an advantage or didn't?

(PS - my inbox is still full so don't bother sending any private messages...)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner