Thread: Is it worth it.
View Single Post
3/27/17, 12:42 PM   #6
Re: Is it worth it.
hairracer44

It is all in perspective, today's racing is way safer than it was in era's gone by. It is man vs machine and all of us that get in a racecar know the cost. I remember hearing stories from my Grandpa from the late 50's and early 60's when he worked on sprint cars and champ cars. He said " We would go to a race on Sunday and a funeral on Wednesday on many weeks." So again it is all in perspective and to be honest with the availability and technology of safety equipment it is actually pretty amazing how safe you can make a car. It is risk vs reward, put yourself in the best equipment you can buy and control your risk the best you can. It is racing it is and always will be dangerous!

Again you have to remember that each crash is different and the forces, angle speed etc all play a role in what happens and the outcome on a crash. We have all seen bad ones that a guy walks away from and ones that don't look so bad and a guy is beat up pretty bad.

So for me yes it is worth it and until I feel otherwise I will continue to go have fun and get my fix.

David Hair

3 members like this post: Cobra 14, jjones752, old time Hoosier