View Single Post
4/23/17, 3:27 PM   #1
Chili Bowl Engine History – Non-winners
bart

I’m doing some research on engines that have been used in the Chili Bowl. The goal is to find out more about some of the engines that have not won the main events. We all know about the Fontana, Arias, Toyota, Esslinger, Gaerte, Barnes, SESCO, Mopar and VW engines. But I want to hear about things like what Robert Bell the "Colfax Comet" did in 2017. Or the year Matt Sherrell drove an outboard powered car.

My first Chili Bowl was in 1997 and I’ve always been fascinated by the ingenuity and variety of the power plants in the pits.

What I am asking for is if you were a competitor, team member or owner and used something not listed above (or an unusual variation of the above) could you please tell me a bit about that? Maybe the year, the driver, your results and what you learned i.e. great torque, bad decision, excellent response, etc.

What I don’t want is this thread to turn into is a people complaining about costs, rules and general whining about midget racing.

If you had the privilege of being able to say that you have “been there and done that” please share your experience.

Bart

2 members like this post: jjones752, superstock30