Thread: Silver Crown
View Single Post
Nate (Offline)
  #6 10/13/16 4:39 PM
Originally Posted by kstudley57:
Not possible or sensible at all from a track's perspective. Any track that currently runs a USAC race in any division would be committing suicide by attempting to run a Silver Crown race on it's own, that would be the end of their profitable events like sprint week midget week or whatever event that is their bread and butter as USAC would likely pull their dates from all it's schedules. Rightly so. Additionally, SIlver Crown is trade marked I believe, so they would have to advertise the event as "big cars" or similar without using the words "Silver Crown".... Going back to when the PRA tried to start it's own series they struggled to find an identity being unable to call the cars Silver crown.
Completely understand this aspect, I'm sure USAC would be less than thrilled with someone running cars that are only associated with their series in a non-sanctioned event.

To me its just sad that there are so many cars out there that only get to go racing on a dirt side 5-6 times a season. Same concept with pavement, maybe not quite as many cars as on the dirt side, but there are cars out there just sitting for much of the year.

What would happen if a track with no USAC ties tried it?

Nate Bickel - @natefb22