View Single Post
10/23/13, 1:06 PM   #10
Re: Central region Lightning / Mini sprint meeting
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheel44 View Post
That K.I.S.S. system got us where we are today. It worked for awhile but it's day has come and gone. No one wants to deal with this issue but I think most of us agree......something needs to be done. After talking to people in the various groups.......the same problem keeps popping up. Built motors. Even the "rumor" of built motors deters participation. Car counts are falling in most areas. Is it because of the economy or could it be this built motor issue? Can't do anything about the economy but something might be able to be done about this motor issue. Maybe not. But doing nothing doesn't seem to be working very well.

Let me ask you this...........If you were a new to racing, or at least this class and you came to few races to scope out the class and the competition only to find out there were strong suspicions that certain cars were indeed running expensive NON-STOCK motors while running up front, how inclined would you be to jump into this class? We need to get rid of the perception that built motors are out there. Better yet....get rid of the built motors. The new guy needs to feel like even with his inexperience, with time, he and his equipment can be competitive. Without having to invest in an expensive built motor.

DAD..........this may be a total waste of time. I don't think so. But at least the effort will be made. And trust me.....there are quite a few issues that could be address to unify this class. This motor situation isn't the only thing that is going to be addressed. Many of us look forward to the challenge.

Again..........baby steps if need be.
Phil I read your post once again. The only way one could imagine that one of these motors was a race motor or not would be looking at the air cleaner, granted we may have a few Engler injectors out there but nothing on the outside of our motor would denote a "Hank Scott" motor from a bone stock right off the bike motor. If your intentions are to make them look stock, then require stock air box only, then even the cheater motors would look stock.

We have a couple of brothers over here that run methanol with a stock motor and air box, and they do just fine against all the high dollar racers.

"Keep your eye on the ball"

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/23/13 at 4:51 PM.

1 member likes this post: Lillyweld