Thread: Yeah Tony...
View Single Post
6/28/16, 2:03 PM   #9
flatout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I'll put on my "Third Party" hat here and chime in. Anyone else want to jump in?

This is the best thing for NASCAR. They now have a heart strings story to pursue down the stretch for their reporters during the way too long pre-race shows. The caution for a spring rubber debris came at the PERFECT time to get Stewart the win and into The Chase in his final season. Like that piece needed a true caution to be waved.

Just like Kyle Busch last year, he can now possibly win it all by running 3/4 or 2/3 of the season. But that is the formula by which the champion could be determined.

Well played, NASCAR. Well scripted. Great entertainment. in any other road racing series, the win would have been yanked due to the last lap/last corner shenanigans. But let's not confuse NASCAR with racing.

It is what it is. Take it how you want to see it.
Have you watched British Touring Cars or Australian Supercars? Both of those are full contact racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIracing View Post
Will nascar and its fans let this be a feel good story? Jeff Gordon going out on top would have been a feel good story and didn't happen. I don't think a majority of fans care what Stewart does. There is a lot of hate and uncertainty that surrounds him. I think for dirt and sprint car fans we all want to see him go out on top. But hey Ray Lewis can be loved and go out a winner why not Smoke.
Really? Comparing Tony to Ray Rice is out of line.

Edit....meant to say Ray Lewis
Last edited by flatout; 6/28/16 at 7:13 PM.