Thread: Novel Idea!
View Single Post
mortboyz
  #65 7/1/10 12:15 PM
I guess my illness began when our dad took me and my 2 brothers to the '62 Indy 500. We sat in the turn one infield beneath the trees.
My oldest brother, who later owned a Midget and ran it with the old SLARA and MARA, started taking me his pain-in-the butt little brother to places like Granite City and Godfrey,IL in his attempt at "baby-sitting" on Fridays and Saturdays...LOL
When old enough to travel on my own, we ventured to Terre Haute for the '77 Hulman Classic...my favorite race facility since the closure of Little Springfield. The Vigo County Fairgrounds is also where I had the MOST FUN EVER in the backseat of a car....riding the 2-seater with my hero Jack Hewitt. However, watching my son ride with Jack that same day was a helluva lot cooler!
My 35th birthday present was to take my 9mo. old son Drew to the Ted Horn 100 at DuQuoin for his first race ever. He also is now ruined! LOL
We've been hitting a lot of the Indiana bullring scene since the late 90's and have seen many good ones, as well as a few stinkers....but to me, it's ALL GOOD. I've made some of my best friends in this world at the tracks of Indiana and the Midwest.
Hope to see many of you during Sprintweek!

PS My humor on here isn't what it used to be apparently, but I check here daily anyway.....:2: