View Single Post
7/22/16, 4:20 PM   #49
Re: Indiana sprint week survey!
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I attended all but Gas City and Kokomo and enjoyed all of them. I would give the nod to Bloomington and Haubstadt as the best of those I saw.
Is is just me, or were there more squabbles over seats than usual? I witnessed a man and his father apparently have seats they had marked in the top row at Terre Haute taken over by a group who had placed folding chairs behind the top row (a definite no no). They may have been chairs that were down by the track that were there for the stage shows. The man and his father exchanged words with the large group, and wound up moving to a different location. I also saw some chairs that were placed along the walk towards the first turn at Bloomington that were never occupied, and there was an upset person who had their chair moved by another spectator. Maybe this is normal, but it was the first time I had seen this much turmoil over seats.
I think Bloomington quite possibly had the largest crowd I have ever seen there. Parking is the biggest issue there, although I found a good parking space in the lower lot and drove right out. All the races were well attended, and I think the current schedule is just fine.
I will probably follow the same schedule next year, as I traditionally only do the second half, which is what I did this year, with the exception of the addition of Lawrenceburg.

2 members like this post: dirt330, rclaridge