View Single Post
11/19/11, 9:48 PM   #4
Re: Low Budget racing.
TQ29m

Tim, that's a good thought, but as I see it, impossible to achieve, about as low budget as it gets, and nothing against Paragon, but that is probably the place that will see the most traffic. To do it, would mean creating 2 new divisions, with new regs, and specs, there is no "low Budget" racing that I know of, the only thing I know is, some of us just don't spend as much money as others do, you know about the cost you can encounter in TQ's, if you are determined to be a front runner, or in Hornet's, as far as that goes. The only low budget racing that I know ever existed, was a guy in Illinois, had his own karting complex, and you could race on a budget, you could rent it all, or you could own your own kart, and rent an engine, you went to the track, paid the fee, drew a chit out of a can, handed it to one of his sons, who went and retrieved "your" engine, whch already had a mount, clutch, throttle hoolup, and oil in it, you put it on, went to the pump around, filled the tank, did your racing for the evening, removed the engine, returned it to the counter, and went home. During the week, all the engines were checked, the clutches serviced, any necessary repairs made, and returned to the holding area, with a different chit hanging on them, now that's about as close as it gets to "budget"! The way I do my TQ racing, is a lot cheaper than all the years I spent racing karts, we are a top 5 car 99% of the time, and I don't break the bank on parts, all my stuff I either make, or shop on Ebay. JMHO! Never will forget the night we went to that track, west of W Lafayette, when it was paved, and Bill James was driving your car, and someone was dropping oil on the track, the fog was so bad you couldn't see where the track went, and I think Bill flipped yours, fun night. Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 11/19/11 at 9:51 PM.