Thread: Knepper 55
View Single Post
12/18/16, 10:29 PM   #9
Re: Knepper 55
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
There was a very serious looking wreck just before we got back to the Indiana border. Haven't heard anything about it, but there was an overturned pickup with the roof removed and a short distance away a jackknifed semi in the median, which had strewn lots of mud on the road. Don't know if they were involved together, or if they were separate incidents, but there were numerous emergency vehicles in attendance.
If you were on 64 that must have been where I saw chunks of dead grass and mud all over both the west and east bound lanes headed home this morning with tracks all through the median. Looked like there had been a wreck there. Hope everyone was alright. That's exactly why I stayed there last night and didn't attempt to drive back to Louisville until this morning.

As far as the racing goes, I will say the show ran pretty efficiently. They did not stretch it out at all and were done very early compared to other events there. Was a bit discouraged by the size of the crowd but with the weather the way it was, its pretty easy to understand why it wasn't a sellout. For me the fumes were never an issue, the heaviest they probably got was towards the end of hot laps and even then, they weren't bad.

The racing was pretty good. I was bummed to see Briscoe break after he had made a lot of headway but Meseraull provided plenty of excitement late wheeling it around the top on 3 wheels.

All and all, good night of racing. Beat sitting at home.

4 members like this post: mc/rider, ronmil, Rpracing1, Simon_says17