View Single Post
Shawn (Offline)
  #42 8/8/08 9:57 AM
Mud Packer,

I would like to say that you hit the nail on the head. Nice job!

EP,

USAC did make the right decision, since it was a safety concern. However, with all due respect, the plug should have been pulled before any hauler, or fan, pulled up that hill. That is USAC's fault.

If someone would have bet me, I would have won. You're exactly who I thought you were. Let's face it, Union County Speedway has issues. Yes, last night was USAC's fault, but that's only because they waited until the day of the race. The car owners and drivers didn't race due to safety, no one can fault that. I will get more into their issues later. Enjoy the "tin-tops" in Florence, ya'll.

Spridge,

I applaud you for standing up for the drivers. All of us were in line, waiting on a refund, when something was said about the drivers. You stood up for them and got an apology in return.

Okay, USAC screwed up, but at the same time, I do agree that they made the right choice. If drivers and owners have a safety concern, it's first. There is NO reason that a drive to Liberty, from Indy, couldn't have been squeezed in over the past months. This is totally USAC's fault.

I feel bad for those who spent the amount of time and money promoting this event. It had a chance of being a fun little event. Pretty good fan and car turnout was set to make a nice evening. Those in charge should have also made sure the concerns they had were fixed before race day. Thanks for the refund, but sadly, a lot of people took off of work, got hotels or drove for hours. What a shame.

Union County Speedway had a chance to be showcased as another fine Indiana dirt track, but fell on it's face. The driveway is still horrible, along with their parking situation. Luckily we didn't have rain, or the parking would have been REALLY bad. There was NO track preparation, at all. When you're "running in" the track and there's dust flying, it's an issue. The improvements that were made a few years ago were the stands, scoring tower and "some" lights, but that's it. The improvements stopped there and quite honestly, they don't even look like they're getting taken care of. I'm not sure how long people can harp on these "improvements"? It might be fine with the local racers, but for sprints and midgets, there are concerns. All tracks don't have to be Lawrenceburg, but a little effort goes a long way. This doesn't just mean mowing the grass. It's making to most of what you have, but most importantly, it's keeping the racers and fans safe.