View Single Post
1/5/14, 11:33 PM   #4
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Pat

The guy at Rod End Supply had a shaft drive 600cc car back in the late 80's. He used an old shaft drive Yamaha 6000cc motor and it looked real neat, great workmanship but it was just a little down in the power department. The problem is the the rear end required a lot of extra power to work and was just not as efficient as the chain drive.

Shaft drives would be legal with the MMSA and down in Florida. The Dwarf cars use an open drive shaft and I know of very few racers that would want that spinning drive shaft between their legs just below their privates.

Honest Dad himself
I was thinking of just using the hawk adapter to be able to bolt up to the front joint at the firewall and use a regular torque tube driveline from the firewall back. I might see about milling a billet spacer to take up the difference in length between the adapter and the front joint. I would guess that space would be 3-4" give or take a little. Maybe the u-joint could be bolted straight to the adapter and the motor plate be "boxed" to accommodate the added driveline length. Gotta love the winter time blues and spare parts staring at you in the shop..... Lol