View Single Post
4/26/22, 12:28 AM   #8
Re: Terre Haute, It's a new beast with lots of history
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Terrehutian It needs to be around for a long time, it already has been. I will admit I was skeptical that it would lose the ambiance that was and is, if not the most historically significant track left running in the country, it’s certainly top 3. I’m glad that from what you posted, it’s not lost on the new proprietors. Maybe I’m alone on this opinion but, it has never ceased to be great. The only time it ever disappoints is when the proper effort is not applied. And I will acknowledge it’s not easy with a big track like that. Many on this board have said it and I’ll say it again, I can’t think of a more awesome sight in Sprint Car racing than standing in the infield entering turn 3 and watching a brave racer in a wingless car, come off 2 and sail down the back stretch and turn it into 3. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. I’m glad it seems to be in proper hands. Gives me hope I’ll take my grandkids there to get the same thrill I got when dad took us there in the 70’s

Im really hoping the promotors got a good contract. It seems some time and $$$ are getting put into it (Long time coming) But we've seen the board do stupid things before. A few years from now the view may not be favorable to racing. SO SUPPORT IT. it's the only way to quash that notion. Also pleased to see that Ballou put in a lot of work on it. he missed some races because of it as well..

Also hope that many who wouldn't race do to the concrete will now give it a chance.

4 members like this post: Dirt Track Cowboy, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, PJ Wright