View Single Post
7/28/19, 1:47 PM   #9
Re: Bloomington Stands
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Totally agree. At Bloomington Friday, I had 4 different people offer me extra seats if I brought a chair. I would sacrifice comfort for a good view for everyone.
Mr. Funk, I agree. I have a love/hate relationship with Bloomington. It is, in my humble opinion, one of the most picturesque tracks in Indiana, and maybe the country, and I just love it. But, the seating and sight lines have been less than ideal, and I hate that part.

The last 3 years the crowds have been so large and so many people stood in the walkway behind the grandstands, it was almost impossible to see turn 4 and the main straight from up on the hillside above the walkway.

This year, we got to Bloomington about 10:30, managed to get a couple of seats in the new grandstands and actually got to see the whole night's events. Yes, I agree, the new grandstands are less than ideal and they are temporary, but they are WAY safer than the old ones, and yes, I understand that they now block the sight lines for all the people that used to sit in lawn chairs up on the hill.

I don't know what the perfect solutions to satisfy everyone, but what they had before didn't work for big crowds and the old grandstands were a hazard. At least these grandstands are safe!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, tirespinner, wildman92