View Single Post
1/25/22, 3:24 PM   #13
Re: USAC’s Bonus Bucks
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Agreed, except for fact that we are now talking about owners (plural) vs. a single owner. I am not aware of any owners that have cars that compete in all races in all three divisions, not to mention drivers that may drive for different owners in the same series. Again, all I am saying is this program seems to reward only the drivers with little or no consideration for the owner who puts up the resources for the entire program with his maximum tangible reward being 50-60% of the purse.

Tim Simmons
I thought of that too Tim but I think you answered your own question; if an owner doesn't pony up to field cars in all 3 divisions then the bonus rightly goes to the driver. But let's say Emerson Axom decides to give it a go and CMR backs him by adding a couple of Champ Cars to the stable; in that case Tim would be silly not to have Emmo sign a contract stipulating an equitable distribution of funds.
Again, all highly speculative and a lofty goal but hey, Smoke did it, JJ did it. It's still possible, even if remotely.
Anyone ever call E.A. Emmo before? Sounds like a good nickname to me if not...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: erich45