View Single Post
4/15/19, 10:32 AM   #48
Re: Bloomington Seat Reserving
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
USAC is the only National Non Wing group in existence, other groups may claim to be "National" but really are more regional. Last year USAC had 7 or 8 cars that attended all events. This year after 4 races it appears there are 12 at this point (of course the number will go down). The lure to USAC sprints is they are an oddity, they have the most loyal following ( almost colt like) , the races are great, there is a little smoke and mirrors with the illusion they have a big car owner colony. The truth is they rely on locals to fill the back half of the field. One question is do they still pay the "locals / non-members" less than the members? Time will tell on car counts, I was a little surprised at the count at Bloomington with there really being no competition for cars this early in the season! Saturday night Putnumville had over 30, and Lawrenceburg had over 20, meaning there were 50+ cars running ? Why more did not attend a small track like Bloomington is a mystery to me?
29 ran Boss at Atomic, Some of it is RULES like the four corner hoosier rule. teathers, seat requirement etc. While I do understand the safety aspect. Mandating parts or tires sucks.

Im more worried about cars going winged or econo racing and thinning the herd.
A Non winged 305 racesaver made the feature and almost cracked the top ten in the BOSS Race at Atomic. That same car ran Racesaver at Bloomington on Fri.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/15/19 at 10:39 AM.