Thread: Novel Idea!
View Single Post
6/30/10, 10:10 AM   #14
Re: Novel Idea!
Jerry Shaw

I couldn't narrow it down to just one. So, I'm just listing all the things that tied for first:

I'm thankful to the track operators and race team owners, for taking the financial risk and for working countless hours, in order to bring us these beautiful racing facilities and magnificent racing machines. They are the ones who truly make this sport possible.

I'm thankful to the drivers, who risk their life and health in order to entertain all those like me. Their skill and competitive fire is why to know this sport, is to love it.

I'm thankful for my fellow race fans, most of which will go to the ends of the Earth to follow and support open wheel racing. They are the audience that these stars play to, so as much as anything, they shape the character of this sport.

I'm thankful for guys like Bill Gardner, who have dedicated themselves to give race fans, teams and drivers a place to go to share their love for this sport.

And I'm thankful to God for putting me right here in the middle of it all. Smack dab in the center of racing's Land of Milk and Honey.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/30/10 at 10:41 AM.