View Single Post
7/17/17, 12:41 PM   #19
flagboy55

I think the biggest thing that hurts racing is bad racing. This comes from many factors not the least of which is dilution of a class by variations in rules, too many tracks running the same time, etc. Going back to elusive "casual fan" If they're casual to sprint car racing, they're probably hard core on another activity that takes up their time, fishing, golfing, whatever. If you think your going to turn them into a hard core race fan, versus what they have the most passion for, not unlike the passion we have for our sport, you likely aren't going to do it with a local sprint show with 14 cars, and a dozen support classes.
And the I don't buy the "get results on my phone" keeping anyone away, except maybe if it's a long drive with possible weather. And to everyone that says get to the track, I go whenever I can, no where else I'd rather be, but I have responsibilities to other people who depend on me to honor them. Now if any of you would like to pay my wage for a day, I'll take a day off and join you at the track!

1 member likes this post: Kydehart