View Single Post
7/20/10, 2:07 PM   #5
Re: Prayers for fellow racers
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
I read a bit about this over on Hoseheads. Our family will have them all in our thoughts and prayers. Apparently there were some bad crashes in the support races (mini sprints?) too. One of those rare nights where it was just a bad deal all around. I don't think the accident with Travis and Tyson was at the track, the story I read said it was at a motor shop in Seattle. In any case, I pray for all to stay strong, recover and hope to see you racing soon.
The accident involving Travis and Tyson wasn't at the track or the engine shop,it was at another shop that's near the engine shop.
This all happened as a result of a stunt gone bad, according to a newspaper article.
It seems that they took a 55gal. fuel drum and filled it with 4or5 gallons of fuel and while one of them was sitting on the drum as it lay on it's side the other lit the fuel on fire,the desired results would have been the drum being propeled across the ground like a rocket,but instead it caused a large explosion resulting in very serious burns to each.
I pray for their recovery as both are in critical condition,but I have to ask myself,why would anybody try something like that.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge