View Single Post
1/3/14, 11:25 PM   #8
PatrickMead#13

I applaud your thinking outside the box. You'd have to to run something like a center mounted, dual panhard bar meaning one to the right and one to the left on the rear end and probably something similar on the front just to keep both axles from walking back and forth. That would mean adding bars and or mounts to the frame. Just thinking of how it may work, I'd probably ditch the solid front axle and go with long lower arms and a cantilevered shock setup kinda like the Indy cars have to really help the front end roll all the way through the corners because unlike a kart, you wouldn't have frame flex to setup the car. You'd only have Ackerman to work with. By the time people would get the bugs worked out to get the cars fast, I think they would just resemble a midget frame shape. I'd probably go with a shaft drive with a mini sprint engine so you could shift it for better performance. Not knocking your idea and I'd love to see something like it but it might be a really heavy boat to make float.

2 members like this post: ARCA91, Charles Nungester