View Single Post
8/12/09, 2:42 PM   #40
Re: Usac schedule enhancements announced
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
WoO has to pay big money just to be on TV. And it is an edited tape delayed show - not live most of the time. They are part of World Racing Group, which is substantially bigger that USAC. USAC doesn't have the money for doing that. USAC didn't have to pay for the Thunder shows back in the day. ESPN abandoned USAC, not the other way around. WoO is part of a publically traded conglomerate and are likely about to go belly up. Last I checked, a share of WRGI stock is trading at 1.4 cents a share. And that was after a reverse split a few months ago. They are not healthy, although they put on a happy face.

From a old timer fan's perspective, the last thing I would do is pay $35 for a ticket to a WoO show when I could watch paint dry for free. I'll take USAC and Indiana racing any day over that. JMO.

Lot's of people here are good at pointing out the problems (griping), but few are any good providing serious substantial ideas for solving them, except maybe for Don Moore.:2: Right, Don?

P.S. NASCAR and IndyCar are about the only two racing groups that I know of that do not pay to be on TV.
I saw an ASCS show on TV the other day, can not remember if it was Versus or Speed. How did they get TV time?

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
I am glad to see another non wing sprint date at Terre Haute and well the midget deal I will just say Mr. Moore has that area covered.Now has for having a great event just got back from Osky and another great show there love the format that is the way they should run all of there events.
Why not a Sprint, Midget double header. I would think that teams that have both cars would show up plus the Midgets only teams.

Seems like it would be one heck of a show. Probably all about dollars or people afraid to invest the dollars this year.