View Single Post
5/23/19, 11:00 PM   #2
Re: Little 500 Question
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I think it's weight but don't quote me on that. I do know some of the V-6s can go a whole 250 laps on a tank but the rules require two pit stops. Kody Swanson, who got the pole actually was about 250 laps on his tires after halfway when he spun, lost a lap on the pit stop, made up the lap and won the race last year..

Especially late in the race, You can hear his car and his car alone and he hits his marks to perfection. The motor they are using is also left-handed rotation. He seems to be able to go high and cut down a little better. However several car are very good and often dominate at different points in the race.

So many different things go into winning this one. Pit stops, tire wear etc. Two years ago Bobby Santo's III came from a lap down to second? in the last fifty laps and if there'd been another 20 he'd of probably won. Last year Hamilton was dominating the mid part of the race and then you could hear the motor coming apart for ten lap before he retired.

It's just the weirdest race you'll ever see I think for open wheels. Wasn't a pavement fan, still ain't but this one's unique.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/23/19 at 11:03 PM.

3 members like this post: Bostonian, PIT CART, speed bump