View Single Post
4/22/18, 9:51 AM   #1
Waynesfield 4/21/18
kb78

Nice night of racing, Had two very racy features and then two first time winners.
Lee Underwood jumped out to the lead from the start over Isaac Chapel, it only took a few laps for Matt Westfall to get by Chapel from his second row starting spot and start to challenge Underwood. Westfall put a slider on Underwood going into 3 and 4 and was on his way. Kody Swanson came from deep in the field to catch Westfall but a last corner slider fell short. Chapel was third.

A crash on the initial start took out three cars with Steve Irwin flipping, everyone was alright.

Ryan Barr won his first feature ever in the mini sprints. So happy for him and his great racing family.

I was at a softball tourny all day so I missed all the heats, but I wanted to get my fix on so I headed over anyway. The "Field" is historically breezy in the stands so the crowd was sparse, and as I was walking in several people were heading the other way as it was cooling off in a hurry. I'd like to think they got there $12 worth before they went as I know I didn't feel cheated over the four races I got to see.

Kudos to the Staff for moving the showtime up an hour and keeping it going for the fans that did show!