View Single Post
3/13/16, 9:15 AM   #16
Re: Alcohol conversion for a mini sprint
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieMove View Post
Ok, but it's not a must per say?

Reason I ask is I might want to but a roller and then build my own motor. I don't really want to mess with alky if I don't have to. I can make power without alky so I'm not worried about that.
Rookie

Forget the idea about going into motor building. These ain't your average 350 chevy. The equipment and measuring gauges are probably not at your disposal and these things like to stay in the .0001 +/- tolerance level. Running gasoline is fine >>in fact if you want to invest in some $20.00 gallon race fuel in 5 gallon cans you will make more power than you will on Methanol. BUT if you want to run any kind of Gasoline invest in a good electric fan from a parts store and run it all the time, and keep the darned thermostat in.

Having Raced Mini Sprints for years I have found that the motor is the last place I would look for a performance advantage. All of these new 1000cc motors come out of the factory with engines producing power in about the same percentage of a Formula one race car>>>not much room for improvement there. Now driving and handling you have all kind of room there for improvement.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 3/13/16 at 9:17 AM.

3 members like this post: QMdad206, RookieMove, the visitor