View Single Post
7/18/19, 2:32 AM   #6
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

I’ll start by saying I’m only 25, so I never had the opportunity to see the old Eldora that’s so often mentioned here. Can someone please objectively explain to me what I missed? I’m genuinely curious because I always hear about the speed the cars carried on the old track. However, the track record was set in 2002 I believe, and many times over the past several years the record has nearly been broken. I know the track normally slicks off now for the feature, but the speed is still there early on judging by the numbers. Speaking of the track slicking off, it almost always creates great racing come feature time, wing or non wing cars. A lot of the time when people reminisce on here about eldora they concede the racing wasn’t as good because of the track prep but they loved the speed. However, as I noted above, the speed doesn’t seem to have gone anywhere? I’m just genuinely curious as to why the old track seems to be preferred when the racing has been so great in recent years, and it’s still very fast at least early on in the night. Is it partly nostalgia? I’ll concede the dust seems to be a bigger issue now than then, but overall the Big E has a lot going for it right now.