View Single Post
7/12/11, 1:56 AM   #170
Re: Lawrenceburg ISW Updates
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
I'm still waiting to find out what time they start ( actual racing )a sunday evening show?????????????? I didn't think it was a cRaZy question to ask but no one knew apparently.........
This I would have liked to have known, also. I found out about 30 miles into my trip over from Terre Haute. I'm lucky I didn't get a speeding ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLip2 View Post
I can tell you one thing. 2" to 2-1/2" rocks were getting thrown 15 rows into the main grandstand on the first Saturday of racing in May. It was ridiculous and unbelievable that someone
wasn't severely hurt. You should have heard them when they hammered those aluminum grandstands. That could definately explain cut tires because these rocks were of the sharp and jagged variety. (I still have the rocks if someone wants to see pictures) It breaks my heart to say this cause I am as big of a Burg fan as anyone, but "the track conditions have totally sucked this year." I would be asking myself, "what is different?" The prep? The dirt? What is the answer?
Posted via Mobile Device
I didn't get hit by any, but when I was sitting in the pit grandstand during qualifications, every now and then you would hear a loud "PWONGGG", as a decent sized rock smashed into the aluminum. Or more often "PING" as smaller ones hit.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/12/11 at 2:02 AM.

1 member likes this post: TheLip2