View Single Post
TQ29m (Offline)
  #6 8/6/14 10:38 AM
First off, I'd get a couple of quarts of Klotz Uplon, 1 qt will do a barrel of fuel. The condition of the fuel in the secondary tells me a couple things, hi water content fuel, or, since you've ran it 3 times, and the fuel in it has that color to it, it either isn't working, or it's set too hi. I don't run a secondary, and I know a lot of folks who don't, you'd be surprised by all the changes that are made to a Hilborn, and it work properly, like running the hi-speed off the barrel valve, instead of the secondary, which for all intents and purposes is what I'm doing, I know some who only run the primary, with the pill in it, some of this depends on which pump you have, and how well you understand how things work. I've found that a call to Hilborn once in a while, helps, they know about everything that has been tried, and so far, they've been a big help to me. Good luck, and don't be afraid to ask, get your fuel ck'd, and get some Uplon.BTW, evidently the previous owner wasn't running a secondary, idle bypass I call it, either, you can set the idle fuel off the barrel valve, they have the "how too" on their website, works pretty good, at least it stops the lag you sometimes get, running a sec that isn't set right, or only partially working. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!