View Single Post
11/14/11, 10:26 PM   #2
Re: Alcohol conversion for a mini sprint
McInturff Racing

As someone who is going through this process with my car right now I will see if I can give you the basics. This is my experience and there may be others who can do the work or cheaper parts, this is just what I have found. First off, your injection stack will need to be converted over. This involves changing out the injectors to ones that put out about double the fuel load of the gas injectors. In my opinion figuring out which ones are needed is best left to the pro's. The fuel rail is usually swapped out to allow for the extra fuel demand and generally converted over to AN fittings. If I remember correctly some builders also anodize some of the parts to help with the fact that alky corrodes aluminum rapidly. Hyper racing charges $1000 to convert your injection stack over. After this you are going to have to change air filter boxes to get enough flow to feed the engine. The cheapest filter I have found runs around $200-$250 with most running more than that. After this comes the plumbing. You will need to run all new fuel line, AN fittings to put it all together, at least 1 filter (most folks I know run 2), a high pressure fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator and gauge. Then throw in a power commander to change your air\fuel mixture. All said and done you are probably looking at around $2500-$3000 (give or take) to get yourself switched over if you buy all new. As far as who is doing the conversions the 3 that I found are Henchcraft, Guhl and Hyper. There are probably others, those are just the 3 I know of.

1 member likes this post: Jrp4554