Thread: Home Track
View Single Post
1/5/24, 1:43 PM   #35
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Home track is Kokomo...1.9 miles from my house, approximately 500 yards from our farm...been there most of my life except a period when I suffered a serious eye injury as a kid near turn 3 backstretch. My late father worked the backstretch gate when I was a kid, I got called to the track for work the day of the BC Double of 2017, thanks to a good friend on here suggesting my business to the O'Connor Family. Have been going back ever since, being hired from time to time to do more work, bar none my favorite track and always will be.

Gas City I69 Speedway 2nd home track and 2nd favorite. 3.4 miles from our shop. Go to Logan's US24 Speedway where I help sponsor some teams and help on some cars, as well as sometimes Circus City, Peru. Some others that I love and have been to and made great times and memories, Eldora, Terre Haute, The Burg, and Port City.

Favorite races hands down Smackdown. Week long party, top of the line nonwing Sprints for 3 straight nights. Next favorite is James Dean Classic at GC. It starts off one heck of a weekend for our family and friends and honestly the entire town and area with all the festivals, car shows, etc. Also it marks 2 days from our annual Fall Fish Fry and Party. Also means our Indiana Early Archery Whitetail Deer Season is nearing on October 1st.

Thanks for the questions and this thread, definitely a good one!!
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 1/5/24 at 2:06 PM.