View Single Post
1/14/24, 5:35 AM   #17
Re: NO Mav coverage tonight???
jdull99

I get to "complain" this year (it really didn't bother me; just figured I'd represent those that do not think it has to end in the 9pm hour)...Mid-afternoon, I confirmed my local corner pub (a "race bar") had coverage (amazing! Pretty neat, even though I don't have/make time to go to many, they have a LOT of short track races - 95% pavement Late Models; but that's ok - on at the place: Crazy Times Pub & Grub in Machesney Park), and I hoped to patronize the establishment later in the day; once I completed other tasks and was set to make time to watch at least the A-main. Thankfully, before I headed that way, I was able to check results on the phone, and I was shocked it was over that early!!! My night woulda worked out for viewing around the recent standard 11:25pm cst time slot. Oh well. Good for those in Tulsa, they got to leave early (imagine many stuck around later though anyway). The early end cost the joint I was gonna support about $7 (lol) though...(the price of the two beers I mighta had...).

But really, why didn't they work the track this year? I feel that is what took the most time.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 1/14/24 at 3:24 PM.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner