View Single Post
7/5/14, 12:15 PM   #66
Re: Phillips Motorsports ISW Special
grumpy racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
It has been interesting to follow the comments on a thread which was started by a low-buck race team trying to raise a little money for Indiana Sprint Week. We all know, or should know, how difficult it is for small teams to raise enough funding to keep going, especially in a national series. Many of the comments were positive about this innovative approach. A few, however, think that $500 is too much to spend for a night with a USAC team which finished 2nd last year to a much more well-financed team and is again in 2nd place this year with USAC Triple Crown winner and future hall of famer Dave Darland. As we know, Dave is also rewriting records all over the place. Most readers who can not or will not pay for an evening such as this, with full team access, tee shirt, pit pass, pictures (including the very real possibility of a picture with Steve, Carla, Dave and the team in victory lane) , etc., moved on to another thread. Some, however, decided that they had a better idea, that $500 was too much, that the price should be $250. Fine. I am sure that a much better idea, and to prove it I will match fans who give the Phillips team $250 for this experience with my own $250. This gives Team Phillips the original $500. PUT UP OR SHUT UP!
Wow thank you Frank this is the kind of passionate racing fan I talked about early in the thread. Frank has helped us so much in so many ways it would take a page to name them all. Carla and I are so lucky to have Frank ,Steve S.Chris J. Kyle H. B T Miller and all our other product people we look at them as not only sponsors but team members and most of all our friends thank you from the center of our hearts. I said to Carla a month ago look at that car we have so many great folks trying to help on limited budgets that thing looks like a damn billboared. So sounds to me in my screwed up opinion that the gauntlet we will see who has substance. I will post if we get any takers.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Midget 89