View Single Post
1/11/09, 8:25 PM   #33
Re: Wow read this race of champions
Midget82

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro94 View Post
Sorry to get everyones patties in a bunch here.Im not saying he was never good Im just not a fan.Everyone has there days and at some point there days start winding down.I was at the little 500 last year and he put on a hell of a drive.I actually think he would have won if he wouldnt have burnt his tires up getting to cottle.Let him go put on a show at the chili bowl he has a right just like the other 292 drivers.Im just saying I personally wont be pulling for him.And Im sorry for the comment it was wrong.Ill keep my opinion to myself from now on.
I've been a fan of Tony ever since I can remember, and over the years we became friends... To comment on "his days winding down"... He can still drive the hell out of anything he gets behind the wheel of, including golf carts :O:, but a couple years ago he decided to take a step back from racing and run a very limited schedule and I totally respect him for that and greatly enjoy seeing him at the special events he chooses to run. Apparently you've never actually talked to him because he's very personable and extremely fan-friendly.

As far as the '08 Little 500, Tony actually dropped a cylinder with like 20 laps to go (the reason for the smoke), held on to second place and completed all 500 laps. That proves to me that he can still drive! :respect:...

...but as Rube points out he can't qualify at Gas City :O:

I find it very hard not to pull for a guy like Tony, who over the years has had good luck and bad luck, driven bad-ass top of the line cars and dime-and-nickle sh!tboxes, won championships and finished dead last...

Anyway, not bashing you (micro94), just stating my opinion. :checkered: