View Single Post
2/23/20, 8:28 PM   #9
SeanMurphyRacing

We were able to take a Twister dirt midget and make it not only competitive but actual faster than a Beast Pavement midget cars running with the Illini Racing Series. So Yes, you can totally do this and I have proof, about a dozen feature wins to back up my statement. The main differences are placement of the motor and the suspension pickup points are raised to correct for the suspension geometry at the correct ride height. It's all creating and policing the rules. Illini midgets use a D2 based rule package and a harder compound tire to put the emphasis on driving and handling versus HP.
Do I think pavement cars have an design advantage with weight placement? Yes i do, can you create a rules package to equalize the two? You bet ya.

The first 2.4L OEM based Midget Club that successfully figures out an rule package to equate a dirt car to a pavement car "Makes pavement midget racing great again!" But there is going to have to be some left side and front weight, ride height rules to equate the two chassis, so it's simple enough for dirt guy to take a chance on trying it.

5 members like this post: DAD, Ken Bonnema, kendirt, racebum, tirespinner