View Single Post
Drew Tarr (Offline)
  #47 7/8/13 11:10 PM
I personally do not use a containment seat. I am fairly new to sprint car racing, but am a long time racer. I went back and forth over the containment seat versus a standard seat. I am a big guy, 6'2" and a cheeseburger away from 300lbs. Beyond the obvious difficulties a containment seat would make for me getting in and out of the car, it was suggested that they would be greatly compounded for getting me out if i was hurt or unconcious. i do use a head and neck restraint ( never made a lap in my sprinter without it). I use a Defender and find it much more comfortable than the Hans for me personally, and like the adjustable angles so i can use it in the drag cars. I am the only one in the staging lanes at the drag strip with a muddy restraint, oddly enough. I do use a net, and am going to try and add a pour in insert this year to my seat. I also have never made a lap without Stida coverage, and i promise it will be in effect before i go out again. I am not a seat manufacturer or an engineer but feel like a reasonably safety concious racer that chose my seat carefully for reasons i thought were valid.

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device