View Single Post
10/31/14, 1:00 PM   #5
Re: Possible Indoor Race for Lightning Sprints
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
If the Thanksgiving date does not work I will see what other dates are open for this winter would anyone be interested in other dates this winter?
Jay

We raced at Du Quoin last year and had a ball. These people really know how to run an indoor show. I haven't talked to Doug yet but I would be ready to go.

Last year they started just a little later trying to put on a race for us and after two or three delays for Blizzards they finally got the race off in March. Most promoters would have given up but these guys did exactly what they said they were going to do.

The car count was a little low, consisting mostly of cars from the ILSS and AMSA with just a few MMSA racers present.

The track held up real well and was a tight and racy Bull Ring the entire show, they did a great job working the track.

I understand that this group races almost every weekend at Du Quoin through the winter with Go Karts, Flat track Motorcycles and anything that races.

I would suggest contacting Rodger with the ILSS and Jerry with the AMSA and getting their support also. It could be Billed as a more of a fun race for us where we might move around and visit a little, that is what we did last year.

For you guys in Missouri, it wouldn't be that far of a haul for you guys either. Du Quoin is pretty central to a lot of Racers.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/31/14 at 1:02 PM.

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, Racenit